Simulation Tool Feedback and Bug Reporting
This is a guide to providing feedback to the Interactive Storage Simulation Tool development team.Feedback and bug reporting:
If you think you have found a bug in the tool and would like to report it to us, your first steps should be:
- Check the Issue tracker and see if we already know about the problem you identified. If we do and it is listed on the page, it is not necessary to raise a new issue about it. Please note, in order to create a new issue you must register with the issue tracker linked above; unregistered users can only view existing issues.
- Check the Change Log and see if we have already fixed the bug in the development snapshots.
- Check the FAQ and see if it you are able to find an answer to your question/problem.
- Download the latest development snapshot and see if the problem still persists.
If none of the above options solved your problem, and you wish to report a bug to us, it is useful if you include some general information about it:
- Firstly, tell us what version of the tool you are running. The version information is displayed on the left upper corner of the tool's window.
- Since Interactive Storage Simulation Tool is a multi-platform application, let us know what version of what operating system you are running the tool on.
- Send us the configuration file containing specific setup of the tool that you were using and describe what exact configuration tempalte you were using when the problem took place. The configuration file (config.data) can be found in bin sub-directory of the installation folder.
- Send us the contents of the application Event Log produced in logs sub-directory of the installation folder.
- Try to give us as much information as you can to help us see the problem for ourselves. If possible, give us a step-by-step sequence of precise instructions for reproducing the fault. Since the application consists of the visual user interaface, it may be worth sending a snapshot of that interface where the problem is visible.
If you want to request a new feature in Interactive Storage Simulation Tool, then:
- Check the Issue tracker and see if your feature is already on the list. If it is, there is no need to take any further action.
- Check the Issue tracker and Change Log and see if we have already added the feature in the development snapshots. It is also possible to download the latest development snapshot and see if the feature is present. Any features added to development snapshots will also be present in future releases of the software.
If you are unable to find your feature in either the development snapshots or the Wishlist, then you probably do need to submit a feature request. When doing so, please describe in detail what kind of feature you are interested in and what benefits it may introduce to the tool and other users. Please note, in order to create a new issue you must register with the issue tracker linked above; unregistered users can only view existing issues.
Please send feedback to email@example.com